So Liv has decided she’s done with bananas. They used to be her favorite food. So much so, that we programmed her “Scout” dog toy to say banana as its favorite food to be like Liv. Well, we’re going to have to update Scout because she won’t eat a banana to save her life. This is kind of sad because it is a reasonably inexpensive and easy fruit! I had three bananas that had gone bad… or good if you’re talking about banana bread! I got online and looked up a good banana bread recipe and chose this Banana Sour Cream Bread recipe from allrecipes.com. However, I only had three bananas, so I cut the recipe in half and made two loaves. I took the amount of flour and split it between whole wheat flour and all-purpose flour. I also took the suggestions of the top commenter and adjusted the baking time and temp and added a topping. Give this recipe a try, you won’t regret it. It made my house smell delish! And Liv loves it too. [I cut off the sugary topping though. ; ) Cuz I’m mean like that. ]
Banana Sour Cream Banana Bread
- 2 Tablespoons white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup and 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour (I used ½ whole wheat flour and ½ all-purpose flour)
- 2/3 cup and 1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Grease two loaf pans… (Not sure how to measure pans, by top?or bottom? I used the same pans I use to bake bread, 5 x 9 ish?) Dust pans lightly with a cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla and cinnamon. Mix in salt, baking soda and flour. Stir in nuts. Divide into prepared pans.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.